What is Pan Card
Pan card or Permanent Account Number is a 10 alphanumeric characters Issued By the Income tax of India to any Tax payer. Pan card is one of the most important documents nowadays, All Indian citizens having the source of income and valid proofs (as prescribed by the Income Tax Department) are eligible to apply for PAN card.
- Elector’s photo identity card,
- Aadhaar Card,
- Driving License,
- Ration Card having photograph of the applicant,
- Arm’s License,
- Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertaking ,
- Pensioner card having photograph of the applicant
- Central Government Health Scheme Card or Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme photo card ,
- Complete list here
Steps of applying it Online
Step 1. Log on to the website of NDSL and submit the PAN CARD application on form 49A
Step 2. Fill in the details in the form correctly.
In Application select the appropriate option
- PAN 49A for Indian Citizen
- PAN 49AA for Foreign Citizen
In Category Select the appropriate option
- Association of Persons (AOP)
- Body of Individuals (BOI)
- Firm/Limited Liability Partnership
- Government Agency
- HUF (Hindu Undivided Family)
- Local Authority
- Artificial Judicial Person
Under Applicant Information Enter your personal details Such as:-
- Last Name
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Date Of Birth
- Mobile Number
- And Submit it
You will be given a token number by the NDSL which will help save changes.
Step 4. Further you have to Enter the remaining details such as e-sign, aadhar card details, details of Parents etc.
Step 5. Next step is to do the payment, Applicants residing within the country need to pay a fee of Rs 101, which includes a processing fee of?Rs 86 plus Goods & Service tax to the tune of 18.00%.
Step 6. Upload the document of Proof of Identity, Address, Date Of Birth.
Step 7. It usually takes around 15 – 20 days. However, you can apply for a PAN card online, so after uploading all your required documents, you will receive your e-PAN within 48 hours Here.